Background

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

it’s the end of june

Well, here it is. The day I thought I would pay my credit card off completely. It’s a somewhat sad day, because it’s not happening today. For a couple of reasons. One, I did not get my mileage check today as I thought I would (boss is on vacation). And two, I am embarrassed to say I used my credit card for a purchase of a birthday gift.  I did not foresee that purchase before I made my last credit card payment, therefore not having enough in my checking account to cover the purchase. And since I had it down to the penny, throwing $30 back into the mix creates a problem.  Another thing that is throwing things off a bit is the fact that my boss let me use my credit card (since I earn miles with Delta) to buy something for the office that cost around $4600.00. Needless to say, right now my credit card looks like I went on a mad shopping spree. Not that I would EVER spend money like that shopping, my mindset of spending has drastically changed (just ask my family) since I came back from Nicaragua. But that’s a blog for another day (one that is definitely festering in my heart at the moment)…Something good worth mentioning about my credit card situation at the moment is that I have paid off the remaining balance that was on the last statement. That means I shouldn’t have any finance charge for the next statement…definitely a good thing!

Because of the crazy exceptions at the moment, I’m not gonna update the numbers on this post. I’ll wait for next week when I will hopefully have a big, fat 0 to put up for Amex and some subtracting from the Student Loans. Until then, I think I might add a few posts dealing with some of the issues going on inside me. There’s so many thoughts on sooooo many things right now and I want to get them out. Maybe someone out there will even offer up their comments about what they think of it all. So look for a few somewhat “off the wall” posts in the next few days…and enjoy!

1 comment:

Days Like This crafter said...

Keep your head up. With every challenge, we will fall down time and time again, but the important thing is to keep going. Think of it this way - at least the item was purchased for someone else. It shouldn't have you down because the reasoning behind the extra money had nothing to do with your lack of willpower or a desire for something for you personally.

I would suspect that in this case, God would favor you having a cheerful, giving heart over you being debt free. So basically - don't be yourself up over this!