Background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm getting hungry...

so, it's been over a month since I last blogged...opps! I guess I feel like the numbers haven't moved enough to be blog worthy so I keep waiting to drop down to the 'BIG 8'!! But, I have actually made 2 payments since my last post so I guess I'm due to update the numbers.  
Let's see, on September 10, the day the "Direct Debit" is scheduled, I paid $500 towards the loans (by the way, I get an extra 1/2% off my interest rate just for having the payment automatically debited from my bank account! less interest & not having to remember to pay = score!!).  That $500 took the balance down to $9,325.60. That number still seems soo far away from the 'BIG 8'.  Well, today I've been mulling over my bank account and what I still have to pay out before next Friday's paycheck. This past paycheck unfortunately has too many expenses to get caught up on (Note to self: really weigh the NEED of a cell phone! and shampoo and toothpaste and makeup!!! (I came out of walmart this past weekend with TWO bags and $60 bucks less in my bank account....my friends don't care if I'm stinky and ugly, right!?!? lol). I also have to renew my passport so there goes $110 to Mr. Government. But, I can't complain...I did the math and for a 10yr. passport, that fee comes out to about $0.92/month. Not too bad Mr. Gov't...not too bad.  I also have to pay for those beautiful car tags that keep the kind police officers at bay each year. Another $60 to Mr. K-town Government. sheesh! =)  On top of those "extras" I have the regular expenses including tithe, gas, and cell phone,  so I was really worried about making a payment this pay period.  But through all of those expenses, I stretched and just made a $262.18 payment toward the loans. Not the $500-550 I like to see, but it's better than nothing (thanks to Mr. Still Living At Home With Your Parents When You're 27 Years Old! You've been such a life saver to me!!)......You may be asking yourself, what kind of number is $262.18!?  Rest assured, I haven't went crazy...yet!  I did the math with the unpaid interest to date on the loans and so I had that in mind when I made my payment. I like nice, even numbers. Yes, I am one of those that goes over $0.01 on their gas and has to go up to the next dollar...and in turn gets gas all over the side of their car and maybe their feet!? opps.)  ...Anyways, if my math skills have not failed me, my EdFinancial Profile will update in the next 2 days with a new outstanding balance of $ 9,075.00.  soooo close to the 'BIG 8', but I've gotta keep a few dollars (literally, a few) in the bank, just in case! Little by little, I'm smelling the freedom (from debt) that is getting closer and I cannot wait!!!!!
Note to impatient self:  find a second part-time job to help this along...i'm getting freedom hungry!!!! =)

~the current numbers...
Student Loans  ---  $ 9,075.00

1 comment:

JPS said...

Glad I found your blog and we are friends on FB. Hey I saw your response to the "what is your astrological sign"...I too was born in March...but tell people.."As a Christian my sign is the sign of the cross!!" LOL...I might have some realatives in Nicaragua I will be following your progress.